WORLEY vs. CEDAR RECYCLING AND VALLEY RECYCLING et al.
Pierce County Superior Court – Case No. No. 17-2-09587-2
About this Case
Rekhi & Wolk, P.S. is pursuing a wage and hour class action lawsuit against Defendants Cedar Recycling Inc. (doing business as Rusty Rack Guys and Pacific Rim Holding), Valley Recycling Inc., the owner of these companies, Burt Gilleland, and the Vice-President of Operations for both companies, Angela Lee, for allegedly failing to pay wages to workers. The allegations include that:
- Employees were not paid for all hours that they worked.
- Defendants failed to provide employees with proper meal and rest breaks, as required by law.
- Defendants failed to pay overtime wages to employees at the required rate.
- Defendants required Plaintiff and the proposed Class to create and submit false time records, which were used to deprive Plaintiff and the proposed Class of wages.
- The wage and hour violations were willful.
Read our blog post to learn more about your rights to rest breaks in Washington State.
The class is defined as: “All current and former non-managerial employees who worked for Cedar Recycling Inc. and Valley Recycling Inc. for any period of time from August 20, 2015, through final resolution of this matter, who were based or resided in the State of Washington during such employment.”
This case was filed on July 19, 2017, as an individual lawsuit for unpaid wages against Cedar Recycling and its owner.
After some discovery in that action, the Judge ordered that Plaintiff could amend his lawsuit to add in additional claims, additional defendants including Valley Recycling, and class claims.
On April 26, 2019, the Judge granted Plaintiff’s motion to amend his complaint to add class claims that relate back to August 20, 2015.
Plaintiff’s attorneys are continuing to investigate the class claims.
Case Contact Information
Email: [email protected]
Attorneys for the Proposed Class:
Rekhi & Wolk, P.S.